The most valuable digital consumers & Mary Meeker’s always fabulous Summit presentation
Mary Meeker killed it once again. This is my third Summit watching her speed-read through 75+ slides on the state of the Web in just a few minutes. Read Write Web has done a great summary, and here are the slides for your perusal:
Nielsen came out with some interesting stats on the most valuable digital consumers, and they’ve made a nifty chart for Web 2.0 Summit attendees. And the data show…
- 62% of U.S. adults used their TV and Internet at the same time.
- 18% of U.S. adults post links to videos, articles, and other sites.
- San Francisco has the highest concentration of smartphone owners in the U.S.
- 38% of Americans own a smart phone.
- Americans have an average of 35 apps installed on their smart phone.
- 38% of connected device owners looked up product info for an ad while watching TV on their smart phone or tablet.
- 13-17 year olds are the most likely to upgrade from the free to the paid version of an app… they’re also most likely to respond to an ad, regardless of how it was served.
Check out these high-quality iPhone shots of the print outs. Read: I’m lying when I say that. Sorry if you need to squint; I haven’t found an online version of this yet.